Thursday, August 10, 2006

Week 37 - Perspective




I thought I might give you a bit of perspective into how much your body changes when you are pregnant. It is an amazing transformation and an incredible process, but is also a crazy wild ride! I have gained about 30 pounds thus far and my doctor seems quite pleased with that. I, on the other hand, am beginning to have a difficult time looking at myself in the mirror. I think my belly is beautiful - big and round and shiny because my skin is so tight, but it is when I look at my buns and my legs that I feel like a stuffed pig on a rotating spit. That's cowboy speak for really really fat! My husband says I still look beautiful to him and I think that is the only thing keeping me somewhat sane when it comes to body image. If he can still love me then I can still love me I guess! :)

The excitement keeps building and the anticipation of our arrival is becoming nearly unbearable. I just can't wait to cuddle up to our son or daughter. I am looking so forward to simply seeing our baby for the first time! It will be incredible!

No comments: